2001 Honda Accord LX 4 Cyl gives very poor gas milage.What could be the reason??

Hi
I have a 2001 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl, automatic transmission with 160,000 Km or 100,000 miles.
It hardly gives me 19 MPG in city and 27 MPG on highway.This is very
low for a 4 cyl car. A V6 gives better mileage than this.I am not using air conditioning.
I am using Mobil 1 Synthetic 5 W30.
I flushed the transmission twice. Transmission is silk smooth without any problems.
Changed spark plugs to NGK Iridium plugs.
Changed air filter.
Car has brand new tires.
Changed water pump and timing belt at 142,000 km.
Car runs excellent both in city and highway, even at 160 km/hr on highway.
CAR HAS BEEN SERVICED AT THE HONDA DEALERSHIP SINCE NEW
All mechanical systems are working fine. Why is it performing so poorly on gas.
WHAT CAN BE DONE TO IMPROVE GAS MILAGE. IS THERE ANY DIAGNOSIS TECHNIQUE AT THE DEALERSHIP THAT CAN FIGURE OUT THIS PROBLEM.
Any suggestions/help will be highly appreciated SPECIALLY FROM THOSE HONDA FANS.
nad wrote:

dude, my 89 1500cc civic only gives me 25mpg at that speed. but it gives me 41mpg if i can keep my foot off the gas enough to stay legal.

yeah, leave the lead boots at home.
Try changing the O2 Sensor(s). A poor O2 sensor killed the mileage on my Accord.
G-Man

What about your tires? What's the rolling resistance?

nad wrote:

Drive legal and use injector cleaner seasonally.
'Curly'
nad wrote:

Take the tire inflation up to the "hard" level, of about 36PSI.
Put a plastic cup full to the brim of water on the dash, and drive without spilling it. After you start to drive your daily commute with the techniques you learn from that practice, you will get phenominal mileage!
Check out that O2 sensor. Defective ones will kill mileage. Gigo. Garbage in= garbage out is a computer term, and aptly applies to automobile computers.