2001 Honda Accord VP won't start

Our 2001 Honda Accord VP won't start this morning (our first cold day ~ 20 F). It did this a month ago and I thought it was the timing belt. Took it to the shop and had it replaced. The mechanic said the belt
was loose but not broke- I had it replaced anyways because it was due. It turns over but seems like the pistons aren't firing or not getting gas. Yesterday when I started it with the headlights on, it churned to get going before it finally started. Any ideas what to check for?
Tim Boland wrote:

Believe it or not your Accord is flooded. Because you've got a dribbling injector that dribbled fuel into the engine over the weekend.
Do like the Owner's manual says: Hold the pedal right to the floor and crank it. It will start with lots of sputtering and a cloud of smoke. Obviously you're supposed to let up the gas when it starts. Run injector cleaner through your HONDA twice a year to stop this from happening. Gas mileage will improve too.
'Curly'
I'm going to try that when I get home, it doesn't churn now, instead it is a click, click whizzing sound. Any other advice is appreciated. motsco_ wrote:

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:37:42 -0800, Tim Boland wrote:

You may also have killed the battery while trying to start it. Try jumping it.

"click,click,whiz" sounds like the starter solenoid,as if the solenoid was not moving the gear to engage the flywheel gear. You could also have bad solenoid contacts.Denso model Honda starters are known for this.
here's a service I used to fix my 94 Integra starter when it clicked and would not crank,even with a new battery;
http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/Nippondenso.html
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik