2001 Odyssey turn signal indicator

I'm looking for a turn signal indicator that is a tad louder than what's in my Odyssey now. I have hearing loss, and that ticking sound just isn't holding up. Has anyone found an aftermarket, or factory replacement that's louder than the present?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Miale

I usually depend on knowing that I have used the turn signal and failing that, the flashing light on the dash is more than enough to remind me to turn the signal off. {;^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

Dick, I had a similar problem both because of the loudness and the fact that the indicator on the dash was hard to see during the day.

This may be easy or difficult depending on your vehicle (which I know zilch about) but was simple on mine. I got a piezo buzzer from Radio Shack for a few bucks. Has pigtail leads. Pull the flasher unit and run the leads through holes that are typically in the contacts. Observe polarity! (You may need to look up wiring to see how to connect it.) Insert flasher. The buzzer will sound when the turn signal is "on" and the turn lamp itself is off. Mine was too loud, so I put some tape over it to quiet it down. I just let it hang by the wires, as it's very light.

Reply to
Doug McCrary