2002 Accord back seat removal - how?

I am trying to repair the antenna which was severed beneath the back seat. We pulled the clips and lifted the seat partially out but there is something holding it in the center and I can not figure out how to
get it all the way out. Affter the bottom of the seat is out I will need to remove the upper portion of the seat as well. I know there is a bolt on each side - are there some hidden ones around the pass through I need to remove also?
Thanks for the help!
Chris.
On 22 May 2006 06:29:36 -0700, "Chris"

I do not know if this will help or not, but it took me a long time to figure out how to get the bottom part of the back seat out of my 1993 Honda. After pulling and prying various parts, I finally discovered that the back was just held down by the back rest foam. Nothing else. So, on my Honda, one just reaches under the back rest, grabs the back of the seat, and lifts. The foam pulls up past the back rest and side bolsters then rotates up, which frees it from the clips at the front.
This exposes the bolts holding the bottom of the back rest in place.
Hope this helps.
Chris wrote:

-----------------------------------
Diagrams at www.slhondaparts.com might clarify if there are any other clips or bolts.
'Curly'

Not specifically familiar with your generation, but at least some of these cars require the seat BACKS to be removed FIRST. At that point the center bolt at the rear of the seat cushion is exposed. You remove that, and the cushion pivots up and forwards, releasing the hooks at the front.
In such cars, if you "pop" the clips out of their holes, you will damage the flimsy wire, or risk pulling it out of the foam.
Here are pics of my car: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/fuel-pump_back-seat / The center peg is shown in P4280018.JPG.

Usually one side (right side?) has bolts on one side only, hidden by upholstery. Remove those, then you pull the inboard edge off a center peg. The bolts for the other side are exposed.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Great - thanks for the reply! I will give that a shot.
Chris.

Push down in the rear-middle of the seat cushion and peer in the gap thus left between the seat back and the cushion. You should be able to see the bolt in the middle, if there is one. And if there is, then the method I described should work.