2002 Civic Fire

The other day we lost our 2002 Honda Civic due to an electrical fire. Has there been any other incidents with Honda Civics catching fire? Shortly prior to the fire the Engine light was flashing. We had called
the dealer the same day as the fire to try and get in, but theyl brushed us off as it was probably nothing serious and would try to book us in next week.
Harold wrote:

The five W's of journalism include: Who What Where When and Why. We insist on the Mileage too.
'Curly'

And, as long as you are at it, any aftermarket electrical items like car alarms, remote starters, stereo? Was the car serviced very recently?
Gordon McGrew wrote:

    Radio installation is my bet. Unfused power line short under dash. Almost every "My fuse keeps blowing." complaints are caused this way. bob

Now mind you we are speculating...
Flashing check eng light, over heated cat due to excessive fuel= fire.
That's my bet. ;)
--
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician

I am sure there have been incidents of other Civics catching fire but is common to the marque? No.

If the engine light was flashing the correct procedures is to get it to a repair shop ASAP- our shop recommends towing it it.
Give us more info