2002 Civic ignition key activation

Had a plain metal key cut for my 2002 Civic and discovered it turned the engine over, but wouldn't fire it up. Electronics in the plastic key handle.
Got the right key, now need to program it to my car's ignition.
Is that information available on the 'net somewhere? Or am I at the mercy of the dealership?
Thanks...
Exochasm wrote:

Read the TSB's for Civic, as well as the category 'other' to learn all about Honda immobilizer systems. http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb /
'Curly'