2002 Civic oil?

Just got a used 2002 Civic and I'm a first time Honduian owner. My manual says to use Honda 10w-20 motor oil what's up with this. Do all Civic owners use Honda oil or can I just use my Mobil one 10w-30 oil like I have used in all my other cars for years. Thanks, Rob.

Reply to
Rob

You don't have to use Honda oil (I do because it's cheaper than other brands) but any brand will do it. But you should use 10W-20 as the manual says. What's up with what? They designed it, they know what they are talking about.

Reply to
Ron

I think it's 5w- 20 that is called for. I know it's 5w-20 that is called for in my 2001 Accord V6.

Al

Reply to
ajtessier

1) You do not need to use Honda brand oil.

2) I suspect that it calls for 5W-20, not 10W-20. The 5W-20 issue has been talked to death all over the 'net. You will get lots of different input on it. Since you like Mobil-1, I will say that you could run Mobil-1 5W-30 or 5W-20 without concern.

John

Reply to
John Horner