2002 crv - site for check engine codes?

is there a free site to look up check engine codes? a friend of mine said his 2002 crv blinks the check engine light a bunch of times.

Reply to
Rocky

GOOGLE the code. Should get lots of hits.

example, GOOGLE search on... honda crv code p0416

That's how I look up codes for other vehicles.

But, it being an '02, is it realy blinking a code? Or is it just blinking a bunch of time meaning it's time for an oil change?

Reply to
Seth

Try

I am sometimes disappointed by not finding some codes, but I haven't found any bogus ones.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

=====================================

Your friend should rear this thread, all about the CR-V owner's manual.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"Rocky" wrote in news:Wafth.915$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.lga:

Here is Honda's official list as of 2003.

It can't. The MIL either is on or it is off. Unless your friend is shorting the Service Check connector to make the MIL flash...

As the other posters, I too wonder if your friend is mistaking the "Maintenance Required" indicator for the MIL. If so:

Tegger

If you just turn the key on and sit and watch it will flash readiness codes , which indicate various systems are ready to run tests or not. If it flashes while running it indicates a catalyst deteriorating misfire. Herb Stein

Reply to
chip

I checked with my friend - he said it's the maint req'd light that was blinking.

The feeling is when his oil was changed, the garage never reset the maint memory - so now that he has, all is well.

Reply to
Rocky