2003 Accord 4-Door EX-L Cruise Control

My cruise control just stopped actuating, but the dash lights are on. A qu ick look under the hood showed the throttle body end of the cable dangling in the breeze. The plastic ears on the cam that hold the cable barrel look as though they are broken off. From what I understand, this is a fairly c ommon problem.

Anybody have fix that is less expensive than a new throttle body? I could not find the cam available as a part. New throttle body msrp is about $320 , discounts to about $220 (US). As I plan to keep the car for another 4-5 years (has just under 100k miles), I would get a new throttle body if there is no less expensive alternative, other than having no cruise control.

Dave

ps- Model/year info in subject line.

Reply to
Dave