2003 Accord Key Remote

One of the key remotes stopped working on my 03 Accord. Has anyone had experience repairing these? Not sure if it has an internal battery or just needs to be reprogrammed. Thanks.

Reply to
breeze

-----------------------------

Your owner's manual will tell you if the battery is user-servicable.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"motsco_" wrote

WHAT? You mean these cars come with manuals? What will they think of next!?

If the '04 EX uses the same key as breeze's '03, there is a cross-head screw on the back, and a small slot in which to insert a screwdriver to pop open the back. To be sure, I got out my manual and that is the, uh, case. Look in the manual's index for "Remote Transmitter," not "key!" Gosh, only a moron would look in the index for "key" when he/she wants to replace its battery.... Reminds me of a catalog that had a coat rack indexed not as "coat rack," but as "costumer."

Reply to
Howard Lester

"bbtaco" wrote

But just replacing the battery doesn't require reprogramming, does it? (The manual doesn't say anything about needing to.)

Reply to
Howard Lester

It would be very unusual if it did. Certainly unlike every other car we have ever owned.

Ken

Howard Lester wrote:

Reply to
Kenneth J. Harris

"Kenneth J. Harris" wrote

That's why I brought it up. I don't think people should be pressed into abject fear every time they need to replace the battery in the remote.

;-)

Reply to
Howard Lester