2003 Accord Keyless Entry

I had the keyless entry keys that failed within 3 weeks of each other. I replaced the batteries in each but the keys no longer work. The manual states nothing beyond replacing the batteries, but maybe
something else has to be set. Sas onyone run into a similar problem, and how did you solve it?
Thanks.

Unfortunately the factory keyless entry keys for this year don't have an led output to tell if they are functioning . Does the electric lock function still work? Has anything else stopped working beside the remote door unlock? I would check fuses to make sure it is not something simple like that. Then I would check that the battery is installed correctly and that the contact areas that connect the circuit board to the battery are clean and tight to the battery. Also make sure that you got the correct battery. Many of them look alike but are not interchangeable. Although it is a long shot, you could go through the reprogramming procedure. I have attached a link here http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t 2634 If nothing else works, I would take it to a Honda dealer and have them diagnose the problem for you. If your remotes are bad, highly unlikely but possible, you can purchase new units from the internet and pay Honda to recut the key for you. You must have a copy of your registration and the Vin # of your vehicle for them to do the work.

The reprogramming procedure worked.
I did call several Honda delaerships. Each had it's own explanation of what was wrong. However, they all claimed that they could fix it within 30 minutes and that it would cost $45. One delaership claimed that I personally could not reset the keys as it has to be done via special software on their computer.
Thanks.
Dan.