2003 Accord miss or flutter?

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX 4cylinder with 103,000. The problem is at between 35 and 45 mph under very light exceleration the car feels like its going over small speed bumps. I cant determine whether its engine miss or transmission. The trans. shifts fine and the spark plugs and air cleaner were just changed. Doesn?t do it all the time just once in a while. Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Reply to
hondamark1212

what code are you getting from the computer?

Reply to
jim beam

====================

Drain-n-fill the tranny with Honda z1. If it gets better, do it again two more times. You're overdue anyhow.

Use injector cleaner seasonally too.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Hey Curly,

Thanks for the info. Its funny, I was thinking about changing the trans fluid but the maintenance schedual in the owners manual says

120,000K. I thought that was a little high. Can I use Castrol import ATF which is compatible or should I go to dealer as you suggested?

Is there a good product for me to use for the injectors or should I take it to shop?

Thanks again, Mark

"motsco_" wrote: > hondamark1212 wrote: > > I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX 4cylinder with 103,000. The > problem is > > at between 35 and 45 mph under very light exceleration the > car feels > > like its going over small speed bumps. I cant determine > whether its > > engine miss or transmission. The trans. shifts fine and the > spark > > plugs and air cleaner were just changed. Doesn?t do it all > the time > > just once in a while. > > Any input would be greatly appreciated :) > > > ==================== > > Drain-n-fill the tranny with Honda z1. If it gets better, do > it again > two more times. You're overdue anyhow. > > Use injector cleaner seasonally too. > > 'Curly'

Reply to
hondamark1212

Thanks for your reply. There is no codes set.

Thanks, Mark

"jim beam" wrote: > hondamark1212 wrote: > > I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX 4cylinder with 103,000. The > problem is > > at between 35 and 45 mph under very light exceleration the > car feels > > like its going over small speed bumps. I cant determine > whether its > > engine miss or transmission. The trans. shifts fine and the > spark > > plugs and air cleaner were just changed. Doesn?t do it all > the time > > just once in a while. > > Any input would be greatly appreciated :) > > > > what code are you getting from the computer?

Reply to
hondamark1212

================================

If I had a new Honda I'd change the Z1 at 30,000, then at maybe 100,000. Techron is what you want. Google it and you'll see it seems to be the de facto standard in North America.

The drain-n-fill of the tranny is a DIY job. I use a large painter's tray. You'll be impressed at how much metal particles are on the drain bolt magnet.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

then check the ignition switch. remove the heavy junk from your key ring and after starting, make sure the switch rotates back to the full, "on" position, don't just release.

Reply to
jim beam

I went to the Honda Dealer and bought 9 quarts of Z1 as you suggested and changed fluid 3 times. No more flutter and the car is shifting perfectly :D Thanks so much!

Mark

"motsco_" wrote: > hondamark1212 wrote: > > Hey Curly, > > > > Thanks for the info. Its funny, I was thinking about > changing the > > trans fluid but the maintenance schedual in the owners > manual says > > 120,000K. > > I thought that was a little high. Can I use Castrol import > ATF which > > is compatible or should I go to dealer as you suggested? > > > > Is there a good product for me to use for the injectors or > should I > > take it to shop? > > > > Thanks again, > > Mark > > ================================ > > If I had a new Honda I'd change the Z1 at 30,000, then at > maybe 100,000. > Techron is what you want. Google it and you'll see it seems to > be the de > facto standard in North America. > > The drain-n-fill of the tranny is a DIY job. I use a large > painter's > tray. You'll be impressed at how much metal particles are on > the drain > bolt magnet. > > 'Curly'

Reply to
hondamark1212