2003 Accord Turn Signal Failed One Side Only

I have a 2003 Accord EX 4 door AT. The right hand turn signal has stopped working -- no dash indicator, no clicking (mormal or fast). Left side is working normally. Also, right side does not flash for the emergency switch. Bulbs appear to be okay.

Based on some internet searching this seems to be a common problem for the

03 Accord. Some suggest replacing the relay but it is unclear to me whether there are separate relays for each side, or if part of a relay could fail in this way.

Before I head to the dealer, can anybody give me the benefit of their experience? If it is the relay it seems to be a simple replacement that I could do myself.

Thanks, this has always been the best group on Usenet!

Reply to
John Smith

Same thing happened to me almost a year ago and I replaced the flasher relay, which is well up on the driver's side. It was a bitch to do for moi, but probably no big deal for a younger guy. :)

Still works great, BTW.

PS: Do you have the I4 engine? If so, exact same model as mine.

Reply to
Tony Harding

Thank you Tony. I found the relay and will buy a new one today. I appreciate knowing your experience.

I'm not so young myself but my back and knees are up to the task, I hope. I also hope the old one will pop out easily -- I wasn't able to pull it out by hand last night and it was getting dark.

BTW I do have the I4 also.

Reply to
John Smith

$20 emergency/turn signal flasher relay solved the problem. Thanks Tony!

Reply to
John Smith

Any chance of a picture where it is since I have the same vehicle I4 or a link to a pic elsewhere. thanks.

Reply to
Observer

The relay is located just above the fuse box on the drivers side and slightly to the right. It is a small (about 1 x 1 1/2 inches) black rectangle with bulb info inscribed on the surface. The relay is held in place with two clips that engage with "ears" on two sides of the unit. Good luck!

Reply to
John Smith

Anytime, dude, glad to hear problem's solved!

Any trouble getting the old relay out and the new one in?

TH

Reply to
Tony Harding