2003 Accord V6 EX coupe transmission problem

Hello,

I have a 2003 V6 EX Coupe with 36,600 miles and the transmission occasionaly slips when trying to shift from 1st to 2nd gear. I have only owned the car for a month and it has happened to me three times already. The problem seems to occur within a minute of driving the car from warm start, where the RPM would rise when I apply gas and the car wouldn't go forward. When this happens I would shift the transmission into neutral and back to D a couple of times. The first two times I tried it the car

will engage and drive forward, but the last time it happened the car struggled to go forward for like 5 seconds before engaging.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? I found that there is a recall for this year's transmission and they have already performed the recall service. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem, it just happens randomly. What should I do besides bringing the car to the dealer for service?

thanks!

Reply to
Jerry

Take it in ASAP, before warranty expires.

Reply to
Miha

If you are in the US, go to Honda Owners Link

them your VIN number and they will tell you about recalls andextended warrantees for your car. Honda extended the warrantee on some Accord Auto Tranies to 70K miles and 7 years. There is no charge to be a member.

Reply to
Charlie S

I continue to hear about problems with Accord V6 automatics. Does anyone know if they have sorted out the problems with the 06 V6 and the 06 I4s.

Reply to
tww

You may want to visit the local Honda dealership and ask them if there have been any recalls or "service bulletins" related to the 2003 V6 EX Coupe. You might try to find out at this web site:

Does anyone else know about other related websites? jasonn

Reply to
Jason

"Jerry" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Bring it in again. I understand there is a fix that they attempt first that does not require tranny replacement. If that does not work, they then replace the transmission.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks everyone for your input. I am so glad that I purchased the 7 yr/100k miles extended warranty when I bought this car and I don't have to worry about paying out of pocket for this.

I will bring the car in the dealership for service and see what kind of remedy they come up with.

thanks again for all your help!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry