2003 Accord Whistles at 123KM/h

For those who have a 2003 Accord (4CYL) or newer with a lot of kliometers.
Does anyone hear some kind of whistling coming from the front of the car when you get to 123KM/h. I get some kind of whistling that starts
at 123KM/h. It disappears at 130KM/h. It comes back at 150KM/h. Service thinks it's a wheel bearing but I had it from about 90,000KM. I now have just over 250,000KM. It's just a bit louder.
On 10/6/2006 3:28 PM highkm spake these words of knowledge:

Is this something you can hear while the windows are up? I have not noticed any such thing, although I have only 144K kilometers on my 2003 Accord.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
"The late rebellion in Massachusetts has given more alarm than I think
it should have done. Calculate that one rebellion in thirteen states in
Dave Kelsen wrote:

The only one I had whistle was eating its way through the hub! Actually, it was more of a screech....
I am really intrigued about the change in sound with the accelerator pedal; wheel bearings normally don't care what you are doing with the accelerator. How would the wheel bearings know? I'm thinking a vacuum leak from above the throttle plate, but it could also be anything in the power train; engine, transmission, axles. Narrowing it down from there may take some ingenuity and persistence.
A thought occurs to me, though - it would be quick, cheap and easy to look over the fit of the air cleaner to the engine. If there's a gap or rip in there it would do what you describe. temporarily removing the air filter from the housing would also increase the speed at which the whistle starts.
Mike
The load on the wheel bearing is greater as you go faster. Eventually the half-shafts exert a much higher force on the wheel and therefore the bearings, then when the cars is moving at a slow constant speed. I am not entirely sure whether it is the transmission, transaxle or the wheel bearings. What is for sure is when I go down hill at 130Km/h and shift into neutral from drive, the noise begins to appear at about 125KM/h. It is not as loud as when it is in gear, but nevertheless, it is there. I could also hear it slightly when coasting at around 40KM/h. I am more inclined to believe that it is something in the transmission i.e. where the half-shafts meet with the rest of the transmission mechanism like the axle etc.
Dan. Michael Pardee wrote:

I had the vehicle diagnosed. The noise is being made by a resonating gear selector cable (control cable). The cable+bushings (bushings are the cause) is $225. The total cost is approximately $500.
Does anyone know where I can get a diagram that shows how it's replaced?
Thanks a bunch.
highkm wrote:

highkm wrote:

Exploded views are at www.slhondaparts.com The factory manual would have the full procedure.