2003 Accord Windshield Washer problem

Page 2 of 2
On 2/11/2010 11:05 AM, Guy wrote:

    No Problem.
On 2/11/10 5:34 AM, in article hl0pvq$o5o$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de, "Brian Smith"

Some of the spray will be forced over the top of the car when the nozzles are properly aimed depending on the speed of the car. The wind force up and over the windshield is significant at speed.
I've performed this experiment - aimed them with a ruler to exactly where they are supposed to be according to the FSM. At highway speeds, even though most of it is in fact hitting the glass where it is supposed to, some spray will also hit the windshield of the tailgating bozo behind. Kinda funny when they get pissed off, race around & hit their washer, giving me a free wash.

They really do that? I've had this happen to me but I didn't bother to race around someone to do the same. Wow.
On 2/11/10 11:31 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

They really do that. The last time I encounteered it was on I-40 in North Carolina. A thumb sized bug hit my windshield dead center & I hit the washer. Ten seconds later bozo raced around in front of me, hit his brakes (this is all going on at 75 MPH) and then emptied his windshield washer. I got enough spray from him to actually clear off the bug remains without wasting any more of my own washer fluid.
On 2/11/2010 12:41 PM, E. Meyer wrote:

    I understand what you are saying, I have never experienced it with any of my vehicles, though. Once aimed to where I want the fluid to land, it goes where it was aimed, no matter at highway speeds or in town. That said, I do allow for it to move up the windshield a bit as it is being sprayed with the wipers running.

Clive

Clive

On 2/11/2010 10:52 PM, Clive wrote:

    It can't be a good wash. :^)

Kinked hose. they said it could have been caused by ice. I doubt it, but they fixed it for $15 so I was pleased by that.
They also suggested a new nozzle because the one I had didn't spray perfectly. Probably caused by me and my stupid safety pin, but they didn't have a replacement in stock. They ordered one for me and that will be a few more bucks when it comes in. But the kink was what it was.
It's my son's car, and he hates dealing with stuff like this, so I don't think it has worked since they fixed his windshield wiper almost a year ago.. but he'd just lived with it. I can't stand stuff like that not working.

Get a nozzle at a junk yard. I just went through this a couple of months ago. The nozzles are 50 bucks believe it or not at the dealer. I busted one of mine getting the tubing off it. I got 2 perfect ones for 5 bucks.

You can't adjust your car's nozzles. You can only adjust the older ones that have the ball-in-socket design.
The new design nozzles are fixed in place, and rely on a spray pattern rather than the older design's "pee-stream".
Windshield angles are too steep these days to allow the pee-stream design to work well.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ