2003 civic ex advice

Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 Civic EX coupe in black. It has 32,000 highway miles and needs new front brakes in a month or so. No smoking and no dents or dings.

Here's the deal:

The car is a lease and the buyout is $11,000.00. Should I buy it and clean it up and try and sell it privately for the blue book of $12,860.00? The dealer laughed and said good luck trying to sell it for that much. I love the car and I think someone could get a better deal privately than from the dealer.

Or should I just give it back to the dealer as a lease turn in and call it a day.

Thoughts anyone?

Perplexed,

David

Reply to
dafraq

Don't go by the black book value. See what people are actually selling them for locally. Remember that people usually sell them for less then they advertise them for...

Also see what they would give you if you traded it in. You might be able to get more then $11000 for it if you trade it

Reply to
James

Thank you.

That is good advice. I forgot about never getting your asking price :)

I wish I could trade it in on a new one but I recently inherited a nice car and don't need another right now. Hmmm.

Thanks again,

david

Reply to
dafraq