2003 CRV shakes with steady driving?

Anyone ever see this? My CRV shakes during steady pressure driving at like 35mph. When I am steady on the gas, it will just do like a shake back and fourth. Anyone have anything similar? Any idea what it could be?

Also, anyone know where I can download a service manual, or a diagram of all parts, even the black rails on the roof that go from front to back?

thanks

Reply to
PAkerly

AWD or two wheel drive? If AWD your rear diff could be messed up if you haven't religiously changed the fluid every 30,000 miles.

In any case, first places to look are square/unbalanced tires & failing/damaged suspension parts.

I don't know of anyplace with the FSM online, but you can get diagrams of all the parts at Majestic Honda (hondaautomotiveparts.com)

Reply to
E. Meyer

I don't think this is any help to you, but it might be for someone else. My 98 CRV started making noise on the road and more in hard turns. I figured the CV joints. Mechanic said no. The brake caliper in front was falling apart and scraping the disk. He replaced the caliper and my pads. All was well again.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

"E. Meyer" wrote in news:C8146715.1B1C9% snipped-for-privacy@msn.com:

it could also be a tread separation inside the tire,or other tire defect. Proper inflation is a MUST. even a flat-spotted tire from locking up the brakes.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

First thing to check is for tire/wheel problems-- balance being the most likely culprit.

Reply to
Joseph Capgras

PAkerly wrote in news:234449c1-4965-4c39-8b32- snipped-for-privacy@q13g2000vbm.googlegroups.com:

You mean it kind of does a rapid lurch/hesitate/lurch/hesitate thing?

Does this happen when the car is cold, or only when hot?

Is your Check Engine light on?

Reply to
Tegger

First thing to do is check all tires for abnormal tire wear, damage, inflation. That will point you in the right direction.

DaveD

Reply to
Dave D

Does the shaking stop if you go significantly faster or slower? If so, tire balance is a likely culprit as others have suggested.

Does the shaking start only after you have stepped on the brakes, or after you have stepped on them a few times (getting them warm)? If so, then a sticking or seized caliper may have overheated its rotor, warping it. (I've had this on two of our cars in the past year--and never before that. The first has had faithful fluid changes since new. The second was a 2-month old replacement caliper!)

Reply to
JRE