2003 CRV Throttle Position Sensor

I just took my CRV to the dealership with symptoms similar to those in other posts and they said it was a bad Throttle Position Sensor and the entire Throttle Body would have to be replaced to the tune of $1,100.

Checking with AutoZone, they said there is no aftermarket part to buy but then he found performance parts...Throttle Bodies ranging from $277 to $353 or just a Throttle Position Sensor for $41.

Can anyone give me some advice, opinion or instruction as to buying just the sensor and installing it???

Reply to
cms

================================== YOu need to do more research first. Look through ALL the TSB's mentioned at this page

especially the ebscohost ones.

TB problems are very rare and often misdiagnosed. Check the connectors first. Get an ANALOG meter and test it yourself very slowly and thoroughly. Write down the min and max resistances in case you find there's a blip at the spot that corresponds to you highway cruise speed (throttle will be open maybe 10 degrees). If you find the blip, you'll have to replace the variable resistor, if you dare. There's lots of sites where you can learn how to drill out the rivets and install a new one. Getting the resistor is the trick. :-) I used to know this guy in Russia who could get anything....

Have you approached Honda for any 'goodwill' consideration? You didn't mention your mileage. It's very important in figuring out which problem you have.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

-- You need to tell us the diagnostic CODE the dealer wrote on your invoice too -------

Reply to
motsco_

CMS,

Take a look at this thread. It involves an '04 with only 50,000 miles:

Still waiting for the CODE, and your mileage.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_