2003 Element Windshield Washer motor NOT working, rear one works fine

I noticed yesterday that my Windshield Washer motor is not working. The rear one works fine. Topped the windshield washer fluid, thinking that it might be low, but
still, nothing happens. I'm fresh out of warranty. Any idea what may be causing the issue and how to fix it? Any ideas appriciated...
Looks like both motors are connected to the water reservoir in the front. I would start there, though it also looks like it might be tough to get at. Always check fuses, switches, and relays.
pawcio wrote:

Does anyone know which fuse to check?
There are two fuse boxes on the Element, one under the hood, the other inside the car under the steering column. I checked all fuses in the box under the hood, the one under the steering column is a little awkward to get to, so I saved it for another day... The manual does not specify which one!
Does anyone know how to check the steering column stalk connection that controls the winshield washer pump?

pawcio wrote:

You mean to say you're not HEARING it run, or it's simply not squirting? Huge difference.
'Curly'
I would love to see it squirt, but could care less about hearing it run. I don't see it squirt, I don't hear the pump run (I used to when it was working...) I guess that means it's not working... The wipers are working...
Oh, and my windshield is all smudged and dirty - Maybe that's why I don't see it squit! ;)

I had a very similar problem. Both front and rear washer of my 2003 Element stopped working about 2-3 weeks ago. I though it ran out of fluid. I finaly bought a bottle of fluid last weekend and found out the washer tank was still almost full. I then checked my invoice. It just passed 3-year warranty. I called Honda dealer anyway and made an appointment. They repaired it today under warranty (replaced washer motor). They did not ask anything about when it stopped working.
I suggest you to take your car to the dealer. They may fix it for free.
"pawcio" wrote: > I noticed yesterday that my Windshield Washer motor is not > working. The > rear one works fine. > Topped the windshield washer fluid, thinking that it might be > low, but > still, nothing happens. > I'm fresh out of warranty. Any idea what may be causing the > issue and how > to fix it? > Any ideas appriciated...