2003 EX Stereo upgrade

Hello all, I just bought a 2003 Honda Accord EX (I love it) and had a question regarding the factory stereo. I would like to get some aftermarket speakers for the back and the doors, but it looks as if replacing the factory cd player would be a pain and it would also look funny. Plus the in-dash 6 cd changer is kinda nice.

Has anybody had any luck upgrading their sound system while keeping the original factory stereo? Does it still sound as good as an good aftermarket radio/CD player? Do I need to buy an amp/EQ or does factory CD player have enough power to rock some new speakers?

Thanks for your help!!!

Reply to
WebLord