2003 Honda Accord 4cyl auto LX

I decided to check the air filter (pain in the neck) and got the housing apart and cleaned it. However putting it back together I dropped and lost the screw/bolt nearest the strut (you'd think this would be the easiest almost but not for me). If I want to replace it, does anyone know the size/length of the bolt and can it be had at a auto parts store or is it a dealer item only?

Reply to
db

I found the size on line but went ahead and bought one at the dealer for about $3.00 . I asked if there was any special tool for these bolts and he said no (told me one mechanic also lost one as I did this week). I managed to get it to go in after 5 minutes and oiling the screw. I have no idea where the old screw is now but it appears to either be in a safe place or fell out from the bottom by now. I think next time I will let Honda do this. FWIW, I used a small can of compressed air to clean the filter of loose dirt. It appeared to be in good shape except for some blackness (oil perhaps??) to it but no tears or deformation.

Reply to
db