2003 Honda Accord -- Intermittent air bag indicator light

Some times when I start my car the air bag light will come on (like 10% of the time I start the car) but most of the time it does not. I found that if I shut the engine off wait a few seconds and start the
engine again, I get no indicator light. Is there any way for me to fix this correctly or is this only a dealer fix? Can my independent shop also fix it or best for the dealer?
On 5/14/2009 2:34 PM Observer spake these words of knowledge:

I have recently started seeing the same thing in my '04 - I don't shut down and restart, but the next time I start, that indicator will not be lit. If I find anything out, I'll post here.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far
more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting