2003 Honda Accord OEM replacement battery

I've got a 2003 Accord 4 cyl. (in Texas) and I'm thinking of replacing the battery. I checked the manual and it says to replace with the capacity 12V - 38 AH / 5 HR .
I guess the 12V is 12 volts and 38 AH is 38 amp hours. However I don't know what the 5 HR means nor do I know what the CCA or CA or reserve amps should be inorder to shop at walmart, sears, etc... .
Essentially I would like to know the correct OEM battery to fit this 2003 Accord and need the terminology the stores use to size it correctly (physical size and capacity). Last resort I will be to go to a Honda parts dealer tho I doubt they will give me the info without a sale.
Last, any recommendations for brand / model for use in Houston, Texas climate year round (95 F summer, 30 F winter)?
Thanks in advance.
ps-- meanwhile I'll still look on the web and should I find anything, I'll followup here to confirm my findings (if any).
Believe it or not, Wal-Mart's top-of-the line Maxx batteries did very well in Consumer Reports latest testing. When buying aftermarket batteries you have the store look up your year, model, etc. and they will tell you what part fits.
I have also had good luck with NAPA auto parts stores top of the line replacement battery. I think it is called Legend or some such.
John
Interstate is one of the batteries Honda has installed as OEM in many of its models for years.
One can get them at a lot of places. I bought mine at Firestone. A year later I was getting a new key made at the Dealer and saw an Interstate there rated for the same number of months, and the price was around $15 cheaper.
It was one of those rare instances where the dealer beat other places for price.
I'd price your local dealer in addition to others for this.
<rob> wrote in message

rob wrote in

The famous Battery FAQ, by Bill Darden: www.batteryfaq.org
All your requested info is there.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:03:19 -0500, rob wrote:

Just as a follow up, apparently from calling around and checking on the web, this 2003 Honda Accord 4 cyl auto LX takes a 51R battery. All you need to do is ask for a 51R.
Also on another concern I found out at the Honda Dealer that this car does NOT have a radio code which means that I do not need to worry about disconnecting the battery and losing my radio broadcasts. I don't know if this is typical of all LX's of 2003 or if it's just my car??? Anyone know?
Last thanks to those replying to my orig post.
rob wrote:

Generally, if you have a blinking light with the word SECURITY beside it, you need to know your code. If it doesn't have the light, you're OK, but you'll still have to reprogram the stations.
'Curly'
One question nobody here bothered to ask but WHY are you "thinking" of replacing the battery on a 2003 Accord? I still have the original battery in my 2001 Accord up here in Canada, do batteries not last this long in Texas?
<rob> wrote in message

Grahame wrote:

Battery life is highly variable depending on climate, usage style and luck. Hot weather can be even harder on batteries than cold climates are. Three years is a little early for battery failure, but not unheard of in hot climates.
John
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:27:34 -0400, "Grahame"

Typical battery life in Houston, Texas is 3 to 4 years due to hot summers. In my case, I was just being cautious but when dealer told me that this battery tested almost like new, I left it alone. I will probably wait one more year and then replace it automatically.
Why not wait until it dies? Most batteries can be boosted to get you home or to a new one, also most batteries will give you symptoms of when they are getting weak. Seems like a waste to replace a battery on speculation that it's time is up. Grahame
<rob> wrote in message wrote:

the last bit of my battery in the days when money was extremely tight and cars had 35A alternators. Nowadays dying batteries are just too hard on alternators to make it economically practical. Cooking an alternator to get another few weeks of use out of a battery you will have to replace anyway is not what I'd recommend.
Mike
Yes I agree about getting it tested, and if it's marginal replace it, but my point is don't just buy a new one just because you predict it's going to fail tomorrow. Grahame

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:59:24 -0400, "Grahame"

Because unless you remember to have it tested regularly near the end of its normal life, eventually it will fail on you when you aren't ready for it. I think it's a lot easier to just go ahead and replace it and have peace of mind for a couple more years. Besides I have other cars and family to think of as well.

most died after about 1 1/2 summers. Of course, only four months of the year have never had 100F (38C) days there, and the weathermen know better than to call any day with a high under 110F (43C) "hot." One of my batteries didn't survive 122F (50C) at all... when I hit the starter switch it exploded.
I've been in Flagstaff for 5 years and haven't replaced a battery yet. The difference: it's usually about 30F (17C) cooler.
Mike