2003 Honda Accord pulling to the right

My V6 EXL has had 5 alignments and 9 balances and it still pulls right.

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

    Switch the front tires side to side, and see if it pulls left. bob
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:35:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

The problem is, I think, that Hondas are rather difficult to align. The good part is, once aligned they tend to stay aligned. Special knowledge and equipment is required and not every shop (not even every Honda dealer) has the quipment needed.
Ask your shop if they aligned the REAR wheels. If they act like you don't know what you are talking about or say that the rear wheels don't need aligning, take the car elsewhere. My WAG would be that you have a rear wheel alignment problem.
Elliot Richmond Freelance Science Writer and Editor

You must live in a Republican state. Blame it on Bush. ;-)
Back a year or year and a half ago, there were a number of posts in here about 2003 Hondas pulling right. I know my EX V6 always did and still does even after a dealership 4 wheel alignment and tire rotations.
snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

i don't believe you. either you're a troll or you're amazingly easily fobbed off by incompetents. 5 alignments and they can't get it right? no way. and balance does not affect alignment.
You're a complete idiot , if you don't think balance affects alignment , try removing the wheel weights from one of your front rims and take a ride around the block

the wheel shake because it doesn't want to use the axle as its center any more, while alignment affects the direction the wheel wants to roll and how much it wants to go that way. The two are separate and don't interact, but both have to be right. As long as the front end isn't worn, balance won't affect pull or wander and alignment won't affect shaking.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

I had a similar problem with a non-Honda which the dealer never was able to fix. Finally I fixed it myself when I found that one of the right front brake pads was binding slightly in the caliper and putting just a little extra drag on that wheel. Never once had the dealer check for binding brakes.
No idea if that is your problem or not, but it is worth checking for binding on all four wheels.
John

Heed what Bob posted. There is such a thing as "radial pull". It has to do with the way in which radial tires are constructed. Switch the front tires side to side and see if the pull goes away or changes to the left. If the latter (that is pull moves to the left) move one front to the rear but not both. If the pull goes away, the problem is solved.
Dave D
My '04 Accord EXL has been aligned twice, tires rotated three times , still pulles slightly to right. More noticable at high speed. Has 20,000 miles and tires are wearing perfectly. Alignments were done at two different shops. One Honda and one independent. Both shops showed me the the alignment specs and what the car is set at. They were dead on. Both shops agree the car still pulls slightly , but have no explanation. Scott

"average" sort of crown on the road. Higher road crowns certainly cause any car to pull to the edge of the road while lesser crowns will cause them to pull to the far side of the road. Maybe the Accord is more sensitive or has more pre-tweak?
Mike

Hi, Mike You got the part about the crown in the road, but not entirely. When test driving a car for alignment and/or radial pull problems (near non- existent nowadays) the best road to test them on is a two lane crowned highway access road or a rural one lane road (same road construction) that is long, level and straight. If the car pulls left on the left side, right on the right side and pull is even and not excessive (worn front end parts) it is ok. Road crown varies from road to road reflecting builder skill and local requirements for drainage, when I worked for Firestone in the 1980's I had a stretch of I-10 access road I always used for consistency. When alignment is correct and tires are ok and road is flat (hard to find ) some cars will stay in one lane for almost a mile. Usually this only works on rack and pinion cars because the slight drag from rack preload will keep the steering wheel from moving better than other designs such as recirculating ball style steering boxes on the older cars.