2003 Honda Civic coupe

Need new tires the firestones lasted 70,000 and are going bald. What is recommended replacement. Drive 100 miles a day I would like tires that
last. Thanks for any input.
Ken
Ken Conlon wrote:

If you plan to keep the stock size, it may help to know what trim level of Civic Coupe this is. The EX has a different stock size (185/65-15) than the other levels (185/70-14).
I suggest a visit to tirerack.com.
Its an LX i have visited tire rack but i think they have strange ratings on tires. My oem firestones rate terrible but i got 70,000 on them so its hard for me to figure. The Goodyear Triple treads and Goodyear Assurance rate the best with a Michelin Hydroedge being good as well. I just need a tire that lasts a long time and performs decent.

Are you happy with the mileage you achieved with the firestone tires? If so, buy a replacement set of those. This decision is not as complicated as you appear to be making it. {;^)
I got Pirelli P3000s for replacements on my 98 civic, got 70000mi on them on shitty canadian roads (which is something else). I only got 38000mi outta those crappy factory firestones on the same roads.