2003 Honda Civic Heater Not Working Properly

The heater in my 2003 Honda Civic only heats up after continuous driving for 15+ minutes. Additionally, even after highway driving for 2+ hours, the heater sometimes blows cold air when I slow down and do
city driving.
Any ideas?
mikebuckle wrote:

when did you last check the coolant level in the radiator? it needs to be full to the top. the expansion bottle needs to be to the "max" mark too.

Well, to the "max" mark when fully warm. That's why it's an 'expansion bottle.' ;-)
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

no, it needs to be at "max" when cold. that line is less than half way down the bottle. the /rest/ of the bottle is for expansion.
do you keep your oil at the bottom line or the top?
Coolant level in expansion bottle is at max when cold. I already checked that. Oil level is between the top and bottom lines. Oil has been completely changed since the problem was first encountered and no difference.
Im beginning to think its an electrical problem or possibly the thermostat?
"jim beam" wrote: > Michael Pardee wrote:
> [...]

Then it's the thermostat.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Most likely the coolant level is very low in the radiator.
As others have pointed out, check this first. Driving with low coolant level will damage the engine.
DO NOT rely on the reservoir level as a judge of coolant level! Check it in the rad once the engine is cold. It should be right up to the bottom of the rad cap; that rad cap should be dripping wet.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

My sister had that in her Prelude. It turned out to be a stuck open thermostat.
Bruce.