2003 Odyssey Audio Security Problem

My wife and I purchased the above in early December. Very happy with it but long story short we had to take out the battery. Radio needs a code number to be reactivated. Although we have a great set of docs
from the previous owner we do not have the card with the serial/code number. I called my dealer and they want $98 to pull the radio and get the number off it. I called Honda on their toll free line and a very nice lady said look in the glove compartment and there should be a sticker with the number on it. Sure enough there is a sticker with this on it: 33223 16164612
I input 33223 into the radio and nothing. I called Honda back and got another equally nice lady. When I explained my plight she said to hold down the 1 and 6 keys, turn off the radio and then turn it on. I still see Code ErrE on the display. This was, apparently, not wanted she wanted to hear. She asked if I had any other dealers around. I live in suburban Chicago so dealers are plentiful. She suggested calling other dealers for their rates as it might be cheaper than $98.
I really don't want to spend a C note to get my radio working again. Does anyone know of anything I could do with what I have to get things going again? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Steve Ignots
Try pulling the radio fuse 11 in passenger fuse panel for a couple minutes and then try entering the code. Do a search on the forum at www.odyclub.com as entering the code has been discussed many times. Also you could pull the radio yourself and get the serial number. Take it to a dealer and they can look up the code.They will probably require proof of ownership or at least they should. Also if you register your vin on www.ahmownerlink.com it may be there.

Make that www.ahm-ownerlink.com

Woody, thanks for the tip on the fuse and www.odyclub.com. I don't feel competent enought to pull the radio and eveything is on owner's link EXCEPT the radio code. I will try the fuse trick as soon as my other half gets home. Steve
Woody, you're the man! The pulling the fuse trick did work. As soon as I put it back in and turned on the radio the message changed from Code ErrE to Code, I put in the number and music started right up. Thanks again. Steve