2003 V6 Accord surges at 3rd gear

I have a 2003 Accord with 66000 miles and an automatic transmission. When moving into third, the rpms suddenly rise dramatically (although the speed
does not), and then it engages 4th gear. This just started. Any ideas?
John

1) When was the auto tranny fluid last changed? (I'm assuming the level is okay, checked per the owners fine manual) 2) Are you sure Honda transmission fluid was used?
Mike
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:22:00 -0500, "JohnW"

Is this all the time, or just under hard accelerration?
If the later, yeah, lots of Honda trannies seem to do that. Changing the fluid may fix it for a few months at a time.
J.