2004 Accord dashboard vent rattle driving me crazy!

One of the fins is rattling on the passenger side vent in the dashboard and is very annoying. I would like to know if there's anyway I could pop that
sucker out and either fix or replace it without damaging anything. I would bring it back to the dealer because it's still under warranty, but it's a pain in the butt for me to make an appointment and leave my car there. If I could fix it myself without too much trouble or cost, that would be great.
Thanks in advance,
John
riplead wrote:

---------------------------------------
Look through these TSB's, and get a diagram from www.slhondaparts.com
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/index.html#accord
Should give you a head start.
'Curly'

Make an appointment at your dealer for first thing in the morning and wait for the car to be done. You might spend an hour there, while they replace the offending part.
I figured they would assess the situation, and order the part, and then I would have to go back again to have them install it. What are the odds of them having that exact part in stock?

There's no way I can answer that question. So what if you need to go there twice? It's under warranty and a few minutes out of my day, to save myself money isn't a big deal to me.
riplead wrote:

============================= They won't have it on hand, but it's a thirty second job to pop it out. Have you tried wedging bits of foam in between the fins to be sure if that's it, or get a passenger to touch it with a pencil to determine if it's actually a fin or something inside, like the retaining clips vibrating?
If you own a back massager you could touch it to the dash and you might SEE the offending part rattle.
Maybe somebody has the page of the service manual that describes popping the vent out (or ask your dealer to do it for free).
Rotating your wheels front-to-back might fix it temporarily too.
'Curly'
Thanks for the info. I guess I will wind up bringing it my dealer. It's always a long wait there even if you need an oil change. They are so busy, I guess they overbook appointments and you wind up waiting.

I left the car last night for service. It is already done. (10 am next day)

That was painless <g>. You worried more wondering how to deal with the problem longer than it took to remedy the problem.
Sorry for my confusing post. I am not the original poster worried about slow service. I was just pointing out that my dealer finished service on my car within 2 hours of their opening and the original poster should not be worried about it. Unfortunately, when I picked it up the work was shoddy and I had to wait while they fixed it. After taking it home I decided it needed further fixing so it goes back tomorrow. The original poster is right to worry.

I thought you were the OP, posting from another system. Sorry.