2004 Accord Transmission problem

I have a 4 cylinder 2004 Accord LX and having some transmission problem recently. The transmission indicator came on couple of days back and when i start car its goes up to very high RPM till i put into
a gear and then it becomes normal. It also jerks while changing gear or getting at high RPM. Any suggestions ?
--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoForumz.com interface
Thread archive:

Make sure to also replace the tranmission filter if you have an automatic. If you dealer says that there isn't one, have them look it up anyway.
It is part #4
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1 CORD&catcgry2 04&catcgry3-R+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=AT++++++ATF+PIPE+(L4)
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1 CORD&catcgry2 04&catcgry3-R+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=AT++++++ATF+PIPE+(L4)

interesting. does that filter have a metal casing or plastic? it might be a candidate to retrofit onto an older honda transmission!
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 06:59:03 -0700, jim beam

I heard of this on driveaccord.net and it was added to the 2003+ Accords and 2006+ Civics. I don't know what kind of casing it has since my sister's is an 08. Honda only added this to the automatics and I've heard it is a pain to get to on the V6.

I haven't had the indicator on, and I don't know about the high RPM business, but I've seen the transmission stickiness on three Hondas in a row, my 2007 Accord EX4 is just starting to do it now at 18k miles.
In the past, changing the fluid has helped, for a short while. Guess I should try it now. Funny, I thought the new trannies had a different technology where this wouldn't be happening anymore, wet plate, dry plate, something like that.
J.