2004 Civic engine light

My sister bought 2004 Civic from Kia dealer. Engine light came on after 60 days. No codes found, or reason for light. Checking out comment from dealer about preprogrammed intervals for engine light
activation - Honda doesn't do that, do they? _________ Used Car Donation Car and Autos Zone http://www.zone-car.com
Hondas have a "maintenance required" light in addition to the expected "Check engine" light. You can reset the maintenance light yourself, directions are in the owners manual. Its just a reminder to change the oil and does come on at periodic mileage intervals.
If the actual check engine light is on, there is a problem. No programmed intervals here. AutoZone will usually read the codes for free.
Which one is lit?
On 4/2/08 5:42 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "john"

E Meyer wrote: <snip>
dude, it's our favorite and most persistent spammer. don't respond.
You can try chcek the istrument panel
??????: snipped-for-privacy@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...