2004 Civic Heater Problem (Canada)

Have a friend in Canada that is having issues with the "heater" OR LACK of in their 2004 CIVIC.
Windows defrost really great... upper vents put out lots of heat...
BUT try and get heat on the "floor"
Measured the temperature differenece (temperature at the outlet source) and have found a 10 degreee C difference between the "dash" and the "floor".
This DOES NOT include the fact that the "volume" of air directed to the floor area is about 62% less than to the dash area.
Bottom line... the "heat" inside the vehicle is FAR worse than any other car we have seen.
Any thoughts??? suggestions???
Honda Canada advises that this is "normal" and you have to live with it.
Seems sort of "strange" as previous models have ALWAYS been quite good... but this particular model "sucks" from a "heat" perspective & Honda Canada thinks it is ok.
On a second note.;.. have you ever tried to EMAIL Honda Canada ???...
No email address is to be found... but I wold love to have it!!!!
Thanks ... and and all "thoughts" would be appreciated.
TOP POST
All I can think of is that the flap that directs the air isn't flopping. Or the water level is below normal in the system, thus less water going through the heater core. Would switching the lever over to recirculate help?