2004 Headlamp replacement

OK, I've never had such a problem replacing a bulb before. I've removed the clips and gained access thru the wheel-well /fender to the passenger side
headlamp but there is absolutely no movement when I try to turn the bulb counter clockwise (or clockwise for that matter). Is there some trick I'm missing? I hate to spray any lube in there and make matters worse, or try to use channel locks or something.
Any advice appreciated. (I know I could pay someone to do it, but let's face it - when I turn a simple bulb replacement over to the pros I might as well put my tools in the next garage sale!
Thanks!
Mark
Mark wrote:

    Is there a chance that you would like to share what type of vehicle you're having this issue with?
Sorry! 04 Honda Accord 4cyl. Couldn't read my mind I guess! ;-)

Yep.
That trick is are outlined in great detail in your Owner's Manual. Do you have one of those?

Good.
Even gooder.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Yes, I have the manual and what I've stated is pretty much verbatim what is written, and I'd hardly call what they describe in the manual a 'trick'. It simply states to turn the bulb counter clockwise to remove it. I turned until I saw the entire light assemble moving an was afraid I was going to break something.
I gave it a rest, eat some dinner and then snuck up on it from behind and it finally gave way, taking a fair amount of knuckle skin along the way. Obviously I had failed to account for the amount of blood that needed to be shed to be successful!!
But thanks for your constructive feedback on the use of more deadly chemical or mechanical force!

No, it says to SQUEEZE and turn. There are tabs that need to be manually pressed out of the way before the locking ring can be turned.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Actually, I'm wrong myself.
SQUEEZE, yes, TURN, no. Squeeze-and-turn is for a different model.
There might have been dirt built up that prevented you from easily turning the bulb. Once the connector was removed, turning /should/ have been easy. Did you try pushing the bulb in a bit (or otherwise wiggling it) while turning?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Ok, I'll forgive you this time Tegger! Even though you made me get off my butt, put down my beer, and go out and get the manual to re-read that step! (Of course had I read your follow up BEFORE jumping into action.....!)
It sure seemed clean enough, although a little grime can go a long way to make something stick when it isn't suppose to. Wonder why science can't create a glue that works that well!
Have a good evening!
Mark

Yes. I figure it (driver's side) will go out soon. I've noted in my owner's manual to drink the beer BEFORE starting the replacement process!

Seems over-kill to pull the battery - having to reset everything. Unless I missed something the owner's manual doesn't even suggest that. As long as the lights are off there should be no power to the bulb. I looked under the hood and didn't see any easy way to reach the bulb without a lot of disassembly. Going thru the wheel well as the manual instructs is the easiest way. Turning the bulb once you have access (which ever way you get at it) was the part I had problems with. No matter - perseverance paid off and I was finally able to get it to come loose and get it replaced.

was not easy. Not a lot of space for leverage in there.