2004 Honda Accord 2dr i4 heating

My 2004 honda accord 4 cylinder manual coupe doesnt produce any heat. The AC works perfectly, but I get no heat when I turn it on. Where should I start first in my troubleshooting? I have the haynes manual but it doesnt seem to address this problem in the troubleshooting section. Thank you

Reply to
elus1v

Haynes manuals range from barely acceptable to completely useless, depending on which vehicle you have. Some Chilton's are better, and some are not. The be-all end-all is a Honda factory service manual, but you have saved some money buying the Haynes.

If you look under the hood you should be able to trace the two heater hoses. You can feel them and see if hot coolant is being pumped to the heater core and back. Do this with the heat control turned to maximum heat and the engine of course warmed up and running. On my 1999 Civic there is a cable-controlled valve that opens and closes this circuit. You can see the valve opening and closing as you turn the heat control knob. A possibility here is an air lock in the system. Do you have reason to believe that coolant level is low, or has been low recently? Follow the Owner's Manual instructions for topping off the coolant. If you are getting hot coolant to the heater, and still no heat, then the problem is in the air control mechanism. When you say you get no heat, do you mean no air is flowing when the heater is turned on, or that you are getting plenty of air, but it is not hot?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I get plenty of air, but none of it hot. I will check it out tomorrow and report back my findings.

Reply to
elus1v