2004 Transmission??????

My 2004 Civic EX has begun to "loose power" at all speeds, just for a second. The RPMs plummet, the car acts like I just put on the brakes, there?s a light cranking sound in the bottom center of the dash area, and the engine light comes on. It?s very random. Sometimes I get by with a 20 mile drive with no occurrence, other times, it happens 10 times in 20 miles. And, sometimes I can?t get up my driveway?. The car acts like it?s in neutral on a flat surface. After turning it of and on several times, I?m able to get the power I need. This has been happening for about a month now. I took it in to the Honda Service Center and they said they couldn?t find anything in the code. Yet, something is wrong. I?d appreciate any advise. Thanks, Rhonda

Reply to
Feisty

Ask the dealer if they have a diagnostic scanner that you can drive with for a day that will capture and save intermittent codes.

Reply to
Art

If a code is set it will be in the history and can be accessed even after the check engine light goes off. The service tech is probably not looking for anything but the active codes if looking at all.

Reply to
Woody