2005 Accord DX(VP) Power locks?

I want to know if I can install power door locks on a 2005 Accord DX(VP)? The dealer 1st said that it was not wired, then he called his 'repair buddy' who said "there has not been a car yet that I could not put it on." I wonder. The deal has already been dealt and I got the VP in order to add additional parts later on.
What about cruise control and auto side view mirrors for the DX?

Why didn't you purchase a model with these controls in the first place? Wouldn't it have been less hassle?
Brian
www.unclet.netfirms.com
"Brian Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote in message

Okay, thanks for giving me that insight. In my opinion it would have made life easier (even though the next model up was $3000.00) to go to the next level. When you count in the cost for the options you're going to purchase and the time it takes to have them installed, it's going to look pretty close to the difference in price. Not to mention the non Honda items are going to stand out as such hen looking at them (my opinion again <g>).

When you say it's too late now, have you taken delivery of the car? Or is it just ordered? If it is just ordered, I'm sure the dealer would gladly cancel the order and sell you the next model up (it's more money in his pocket).
Brian
www.unclet.netfirms.com
"Brian Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote in message

I see. Good luck with your upgrades.
Brian
www.unclet.netfirms.com
"Brian Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote in message

You're welcome {;^)
Now does anyone have any answers to my questions?
--
www.unclet.netfirms.com
"Brian Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@NovaScotia.Canada> wrote in message
Guest wrote:

i wouldnt count on any wiring being there. the stripped down model likely uses a smaller, cheaper wiring harness because there is no navigation or advanced electronics involved. only 4 ways to tell...
take the door liner off and look ask a honda tech who has worked on the stripped accord get the helm manual check an online parts catalog, like the one at majestic honda.
Thanks. That at least can get me started. If the wiring is not there then what can I do?
--
www.unclet.netfirms.com
"SoCalMike" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Take the $3000.00 you saved and start wiring it?
Hey, after thinking about it, you could have saved yourself an additional $15,000.00 extra and built the car yourself.
--
Chris B.
snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com
"Chris Bradley" < snipped-for-privacy@iglou.com> wrote in message

The Accord LX had everything.

you wanna go aftermarket, or OEM? aftermarket kits will come with all wiring, but OEM youll likely have to piece together and do all your homework. id probably go with aftermarket, but use OEM switches in the correct place.