2005 Accord EX - anyone share the same problems?!

I had a 2002 Accord SE (lease) and when the lease ended I got a 2005 EX. There are some very nice new features in the new 2005 that I didn't have in the 2002 - such as the 5 speed automatic transmission, better torque, radio-controls on the steering wheel, no more wind noise at slow speed when the roof is open, and a few more.

However, with that came new problems that are extremely annoying, and that makes me miss my 2002. For example: a.. The new design is such that if the car is wet (for instance - if it poured all night long) and you open the trunk, the water goes straight inside the trunk...something that didn't happen in the 2005 design. b.. The panel illumination is extremely nice; when you turn the key on, this beautiful cockpit comes to life. However you cannot see it very clearly in day light, so you have to turn it to its brightest settings. But at night, the brightest settings is too bright and it blinds me, so I have to turn it back. But the two most annoying things really bother me:

  1. at 80 mph (starts at 79, ends at 81) there is a weird whistle in the car and it is effected by the accelerator pedal. RPM has no effect on it whatsoever. When I am at 80 and I step on the accelerator, all of a sudden you can hear a whistle. It is not the speakers, it is not the radio, it has nothing to do with the fan (I shut it completely off), it happens whether I am in a downhill or up hill - when it's 80, the whistle is on until I am past 81. I am extremely sensitive to noises in cars and it bothers me a lot.

  1. I think it happens only when the engine is cold, but I am not sure - when I shift to D the first time after I start the car, about 5-7 seconds after that the RPM all of a sudden jump up. It is like an A/C just kicked on....If I shift to D and release the brake, the car actually jumps forward and start driving by itself (again - after about 5-7 seconds). This is actually dangerous...people who drive by my drive way think that I jump into the road right in front of them.

Any one has any experience with these issues, or is it just my specific car?

Thank you.

Reply to
John

I don't see that "jump" in my brand-new 2005 EX V6 but I will listen carefully @80.

Reply to
harry

Forgot to mention - I am talking about I4, not the V6. "harry" wrote in message news:A7bne.36312$aB.14169@lakeread03... I don't see that "jump" in my brand-new 2005 EX V6 but I will listen carefully @80.

Reply to
John

John, Although I have just had my 2005 Accord EX with the I4 engine for just a few months, I can say that I have experienced none of your problems. There is no reason for you to tolerate them because:

  1. They are legitimate.
  2. Honda must remedy the situation, since you are under warrantee.

[...]

  2. I think it happens only when the engine is cold, but I am not sure - when I shift to D the first time after I start the car, about 5-7 seconds after that the RPM all of a sudden jump up. It is like an A/C just kicked on....If I shift to D and release the brake, the car actually jumps forward and start driving by itself (again - after about 5-7 seconds). This is actually dangerous...people who drive by my drive way think that I jump into the road right in front of them.

Any one has any experience with these issues, or is it just my specific car?

Thank you.

Reply to
murray schirtzer

Yep, that is a real nuisance and a sign of poor design/engineering.

Open the doors in the rain is no treat either.

And whatever you do, don't run the windshield wipers with your windows open driving down the road. Found that one out the hard way!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Why would a person drive with their windows open, with it raining hard enough to require the wipers being used?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

I don't know about fully open, but I often open them a few inches regardless of weather while I have a smoke.

Reply to
Seth

Perhaps he means "don't spray the windshield washer when the side windows open".

Reply to
Brian Stell

Sorry, yes that is what I had intended to say :(.

John

Reply to
John Horner

LOL! Sometimes the thoughts don't make their way to the end of our fingers .

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

That could be the case. It just struck me strange.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

I see, you're one of those people {;^0

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:00:37 GMT, John Horner wrotf:

Same design in the 2000 and 2004 that I had (and have) respectively. Really a poor design.

CJ

Reply to
Carboranadum