2005 Accord OEM(?) Front Bumper...

I wrote a thread on this before, but when I was cleaning the inside front, I noticed that the plastic part with the Honda logo (grille) was a little more flimsy than I recalled before. I also looked down the hole where the trigger to lift the hood up is located and I noticed four holes on the bottom of the bumper! The holes looked as if they were cut out or banged out in some way. I also noticed some holes on the metal part in that same area that looked as if some bolts used to be there.

I asked the guy to let me look at another Accord to see if it's the same. I looked at what he told me was an 2006 Accord, and I saw an almost horse shoe shaped plastice piece straight to the bottom of the front bumper with an official Honda sticker right next to it! Mine had no Honda sticker (the guy said that the sticker could be any place!) and of course mine had those rough holes which the guy said was used to 'drain the water when it rains.' If that was the case, how come that other Accord did not have those holes? Aside from that, I see flaws on the bumper like and extended plastice piece like an extra plastic mold stuff on the bumper.

My gut tells me that this is either used or fake. The guy keeps insisting that it is genuine. Now I am starting to see how the man ordered the parts at about 4pm and claimed that they would come in the next day by noon! He happened to be right! I think I have been taken. To most people they would not care, but when I pay $250 out of my pocket, I want what I paid for.

Reply to
Guest

you did get what you paid for - retail for a genuine honda bumper, just the plastic alone, is $260. then there's fitting, painting, replacing any broken clips, minor body straightening, etc. but you wanted a cheap job done instead, and you got it! don't be a cheapskate next time. or shut up.

Reply to
jim beam

I took it to a Honda dealer

Reply to