2005 Civic problem

My sister got a new civic couple of weeks ago. Everytime we drive more than 5 minutes and then stop and shut off the car. I can hear this ding ding ding metal sound around the engine/ muffler area. It
will start to slow down and then stop when the engine get cold. This sound is exactly the same sound I heard in my old car. I know that there is nothing wrong w/ the civic. But I was wondering why it will happen to a brand new car. Can I fix this problem myself? Can I call up the dealership and ask them to fix it or will they ignore me for such small issue.

It;'s the heat shields shrinking as they cool.
There *might* be one loose, and there *might* be a TSB on this (ask your dealer), but chances are pretty good she'll just have to live with it.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I've experienced this on both my Civics and a Subaru. Definately not an issue! It is a characterisitc of hot metal in temp flux!
"MAT" wrote: > > > > It;'s the heat shields shrinking as they cool. > > > > There *might* be one loose, and there *might* be a TSB on > this (ask your > > dealer), but chances are pretty good she'll just have to > live with it. > > > > I've experienced this on both my Civics and a Subaru. > Definately not an > issue! It is a characterisitc of hot metal in temp flux!
So, I will have to just live with it.