2005 CR-V Dies when turning

My wifes 2005 Honda CR-V stalls when driving around corners. She has an EX, with a 5 speed manual transmission. It happened to her once, and the dealership said she was low on gas. But, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, and the tank was full. The power steering fails, then the engine cuts off, but all the electronics stay on. There is no warning when this happens, no fluttering of the engine, no backfires, no nothing. There is no SES light, and their are no codes stored in the computer at all. I'm an ASE certified mechanic for Saturn, but this problem has me stumped. It's an accident waiting to happen, and I found another message on this board with an owner having the same problem.

Reply to
sasha0775

Is there an ignition switch recall or TSB on your CR-V?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
NWF_Snake

Possibility of heavy keychain swinging just a bit when you turn the corners and shutting off ignition? Myabe not but something easy to check.

Reply to
RickaTTic

The 'Heavy Keychain' theory is talking about the IMMOBILIZER, which can loose signal from the chip in the user's key if there's interference from large items (like key rings) or other RF devices, like other imbedded chips on the keyring.

User would (should) have noticed the KEY icon flashing on the dash. Read this TSB: Civic and CR-V Immobilizer System - 99-901e for some explanation.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I doubt that this is the case, but...

Any chance that the car is stalling because the clutch is being pushed in just before cornering? My Dodge Ram with manual transmission will do this every once and a while. Usually when I approace a parking spot or something, I put the clutch in and turn into the spot, and halfway thru the engine stalls. I'm guessing that my idle is set a bit low and the combination of taking the trans. out of gear and putting a load on the power steering causes the rpm's to drop just a bit too low.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1162991736.579330.174860 @m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Have the alternator checked.

And learn how to crosspost (identical message was posted independently to rec.autos.makers.honda).

Reply to
TeGGeR®