2005 CR-V Front Brake Pad Replacement

I replaced the front brake pads on my son's 2005 CR-V, and those little spring clips that span the inner and outer pads gave me a FIT. Is there a detailed process on how to deal with these little buggers...it added an extra half hour per side to get them and their pads in place.

Reply to
Zorro_2k

I'm not familiar with the specifics of the CRV, but all of the pads I have replaced on other vehicles and other Honda models did not require removing the springs. A common caliper configuration requires that one bolt be removed to allow the caliper to be swung away from the brake pads. The pads are then pulled away from the rotor and out of the spring retainer. The new pads are then slipped into the spring retainer and caliper reinstalled.

Reply to
H. Ford