2005 CRV Shimmy

Just picked it up last night, brand new,2005 CRV. Drove it to work this morning, shimmys at 68 mph...Called dealer, balanced all 4 wheels. Still has some shimmy. It is equipped with Bridgestone Duellers. It it the tires or something else is happening! It anybody having the same trouble! ANDY

Reply to
Andy & Carol

I have a 2 month old 2005 CRV-SE with the Bridgestones as well and noticed a slight shimmy also. My thinking is that it's probably a normal variant and I am not really worried about it. Sometimes with a brand new car you look for stuff that would fall under the category of "normal tolerance" if you weren't paying such close attention. If it really bugs you I am sure your dealer will rebalance the tires, but I wouldn't sweat it. Great vehicle otherwise, eh?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

My CR-V was pulling to the right. Took it back to the dealership. Turns out alignment is dead on, but the stock Duelers suck. The dealer swapped front with rear tires and the car drives straight. Unfortunately, the tires are not covered by Honda warranty - have to deal with Bridgestone. I hate these tires anyway for being noisy and lacking wet traction, so I didn't hesitate a bit to replace them with Yokohama Avid Touring.

-stanjo

Reply to
Stanjo

-----------------------

You might have to sign in to take full advantage (like use the SEARCH function), but take a look at these threads at hondasuv.com

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

"D.D. Palmer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

No, "Shimmy" is a Honda exclusive! It's called shitty tires. Bitch enough and they'll swap a set from another vehicle.

Reply to
Nobody

I had really had the problem with those Duelers. Air pressure fine balanced, aligned etc. I just replaced them with BF Goodrich Traction TA's. which came std on the SE model. It is a difference of night and day. The vibration was especially bad after a rotation and balance. If you go on the tirerack.com website. You can view the tires that are original equiptment on the 05 CRV and you will find that most people adamantly hate those duelers and have quickly replaced them, with, among other tires, Micheln Harmony's.

Reply to
catchafly