2005 Honda Civic Going Through Oil

Hey,
I own a 2005 Honda Civic. Less than 99k miles on it. About a year ago, I noticed that it's going through oil like crazy. No visible signs of
leaking, no sign that it's burning it (no smell or sign of burning oil in exhaust.) Dealership says it's burning oil, though, and this is "normal" for older Hondas. I'm not digging this. Suggestion on how to handle this? Do you recommend heavier motor oils (using recommended 5w30), and if so what should I be using?
Thanks
A.C.
Going through oil like crazy is hardly a good measure for advice. How much does it use every 1000 miles (or 1000 km depending where you are)? Most m akers define that using 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles is normal. This is utter poppycock, but that is what they stick to for warranty claims.
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:47:06 -0400, "Aaron Childs"

"Going through oil"...how fast?
About a quart or two every month. II 'd say I only put about 800 miles or so this month. I pretty much only drive to and from work right now (about 15 miles each way), I don't get a lot of miles in.
"Flatlander" wrote in message wrote: >Hey,

"Going through oil"...how fast?