2005 Odyssey tires

I live in Canada & going to buy the above van soon. An article about it in Popular Science magazine said it had "run flat" tires. They put in a
"doughnut" spare & standard tires on the ones sold in Canada. I've been told by a tire dealer that these run flat tires cost $450 ea. (Can.) & only last 35,000 miles. Anybody found this as true in the USA?

Run-flats on the Touring model in the US, but no run flats at ALL on the Canadian models.
This is because the run-flats would not suit the Canadian market, with its increased likelihood of owners wanting to swap to winter tires.
US owners, then, are screwed. Thanks, Honda.
Don't know about the mileage yet, but can cofirm they are $517 here in the states, but that is both rim and tire. But, don't let that scare you '05 Odyssey owners with the Pax ("run flat") tires on your Touring models. Honda will provide road hazard protection if you get a flat in one of them. Your dealer will install a new wheel and tire assembly in exchange with your old, flat assembly. They may only charge you a few bucks to install or maybe nothing at all. This is being done because there are currently very few dealers or tire centers that have the special equioment needed to change a Pax tire. Howard

Due to our Canadian dollar being 20% lower, you can get these tires for $360 US dollars up here. (20% off of $450). Why do the rims have to be replaced? Tires glued on? The Touring model, like all the rest, has plain tires, not Pax.

In Canada, no PAX. Canadian Honda chose not to do PAX. American Honda chose to do PAX.
What is it with the non touring model OEM tires they are listed for $65 on tire rack?