2005 Odyssey tires

I live in Canada & going to buy the above van soon. An article about it in Popular Science magazine said it had "run flat" tires. They put in a "doughnut" spare & standard tires on the ones sold in Canada. I've been told by a tire dealer that these run flat tires cost $450 ea. (Can.) & only last

35,000 miles. Anybody found this as true in the USA?
Reply to
Jim Ciceri

Run-flats on the Touring model in the US, but no run flats at ALL on the Canadian models.

This is because the run-flats would not suit the Canadian market, with its increased likelihood of owners wanting to swap to winter tires.

US owners, then, are screwed. Thanks, Honda.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
Howard

Due to our Canadian dollar being 20% lower, you can get these tires for $360 US dollars up here. (20% off of $450). Why do the rims have to be replaced? Tires glued on? The Touring model, like all the rest, has plain tires, not Pax.

Reply to
Jim Ciceri

In Canada, no PAX. Canadian Honda chose not to do PAX. American Honda chose to do PAX.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
Auto Rev