2005 Pilot "clunk" sound

All-wheel drive version, when first starting to back up, makes a couple of low volume "clunk" sounds, then goes quiet for the rest of the back up out of our driveway.

Could this be a product of AWD, or is something amiss..? It's pretty much always done it.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Larry in AZ wrote in news:Xns9C2A79A8A7829thefrogprince@69.16.185.250:

It's a common noise to hear from the brake pads sliding in their mounts. The clunk comes from the pads hitting the mount at one end or the other. This clunk only happens once for each direction change, but usually when going from forward into reverse.

Some earlier models had brakes that made pretty loud clunks, bad enough for Honda to issue a TSB and new parts to reduce the problem.

Other than that, I know of no other source for such a noise.

Reply to
Tegger

I'd bet that's it. It's exactly as you describe. Thanks..!

Reply to
Larry in AZ

I somethimes get this, usually in the dead of winter, and I only get it in the morning, the first time the car is driven. It's the brake pads sticking to the rotor. They loosen up right away and I never hear it again.

Might be similar to your issue.

snipped-for-privacy@mninter.net

Reply to
alex