2005 Pilot - Extended Warranty

Wife just bought a 2005 Pilot EX-L with RES and was offered the 8 yr 120K extended warranty thru Honda (zero deduct) for $2000 more. They said it was $2300 and would be going up again soon for 2006 pricing
changes, so that if we came back in 30 days etc it might be as high as 2500+ at that point due to those yearly increases in warranty policies that are about to take place (so they say).
This is a vehicle she is planning to keep, and the Honda warranty appears to offer some nice extras (roadside assistance etc) but we were wondering what the average TRUE price paid for this type of warranty is thru Honda dealers on a 2005 Pilot.
It sure seemed (on paper) to cover an awful lot, of course not wear and tear items but seemed to cover most of the large major things for that extended time frame and is zero deductable...
Is it worth going back in and getting the 8 yr 120K warranty for 2G's? Sorta seems like it might be but not sure if we are just being too cautious or overpaying etc?

YIKES:
Find a Honda web board--odyclub.com works, or find the Pilot board--and you'll find the place that'll sell it for half that.

The reason you buy a Honda is so that you DON'T have to have the extended warranty.
In essence, you've already paid for the peace of mind through a premium price on the car.
Now, if you were buying a Dodge, you'd pay less for the car--but you'd need that warranty.
I've owned Hondas for a long, long time. You're being overcautious.
On the otherhand, if you sell the car privately in year 7 with a one year warranty you will probably get your money back out of it.

Bill wrote:

Not a Honda warranty but Warranty Direct allows you to use independent mechanics. Also an easy price comparison.
However, as another poster said, you are unlikely to get your money's worth from any warranty in 120K miles with a Honda product.
If you want an extended warranty for peace of mind, the issue other than price is the documentation required to prove routine maintenance has been performed. Often the manufacturer is more difficult to deal with than an independent mechanic. Hence, Warranty Direct would be my suggestion.
Is this place legit and 100% compatable if i were to buy thru them vs local dealer
www.hondawarrantyinfo.com
anyone know for sure, appears you are buying actual honda care from a honda dealer, just confirming there would be no issues or changes to coverage or warranty....
you know what they say if it looks too good it probably is too good??? But then agian seems pretty straight forward, another dealer offering a lower price for what appears to be Honda Care warranty...also gotta see if the warranty she bought last night could or can be cancelled today (a day later)....
Bill
btw i am not in florida...

I would only buy a manufacturer's warranty. 3rd parties disappear all the time.

The price is negotiable. Probably should be around $1000. Use www.google.com and search for a better price. Make sure you get a Honda warranty and not a 3rd party.

Just paid $1350 for 8 year zero deductible 120k mile warranty on Odessey touring. You are being ripped off. There are better prices on internet or if you live in NC, try Melissa at Honda in Cary for a price.

Go to Honda.com and check out he extended warranty, you should be able3 to purchase the identical warranty for about one half the rate the dealers charge. Just go to google and punch in hondacare extended warranty.