2005 Pilot key problem fixed.

The key was requiring too many presses to lock and unlock the doors. Thinking the battery may be low, I removed it, measured the voltage and it was just a tad under 3v.

I put it back in and the problem was solved. Apparently, the contacts were not being made well, and the removal and re-insertion did the trick.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

Larry in AZ wrote in news:Xns9BDBD9840AFADthefrogprince@69.16.185.250:

You got lucky somehow. The contacts are not the problem.

Replace your battery (CR1616). If you're getting under 3.0V. the battery is discharged.

Reply to
Tegger