2006 Accord EX-V6 6-spd idle problem fixed

Well, it was the flywheel. The car idles as smooth as silk now.
First vehicle I've ever had with a bad Flywheel!
G-Man
Here's an update;
The replaced the motor mounts, no change. Now they are replacing the flywheel. This sounds more like the problem, since I stated it seems like an imbalance, not a miss in firing.
I will post results when done!
PS, If this doesn't fix it, we will be discussing replacement of the car!
G-Man

G-Man wrote:

Wow, very unusual indeed. I'm glad they got it sorted out.
John
G-Man, wrote the following at or about 8/6/2006 10:26 PM:

Did they actually replace the entire flywheel or was it a question of merely tightening down the ring gear on the flywheel?
Only reason I ask is that I once had a similar, make that the same problem, with a GM 6cyl product in the early 80's. Rough at idle but smooth under load. Turned out the ring gear (into which the starter engages) was loose and had shifted. Asked around and one of the mechanics I spoke to suggested I drop the cover and try tightening it up. That did the trick and all it took was about a half hour's time.
Glad to hear your problem is solved though, regardless of how it was accomplished.
They replaced it. I will probably never know if it was maybe something other than the wheel itself, but I truely believe it was out of balance the way it shook the car. I'm glad it's fixed!
G-Man

Flywheels are balanced at the factory. You can see the holes they drill in them to selectively remove metal.
Somebody at the factory (or the supplier) obviously messed yours up. This is what warranties are for.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
New wheel.