2006 Accord - Noise from manual grear box.

Hello all,

Looking for some ideas with a problem with my 2006 Honda Accord 6 speed manual transmission:

In a nutshell, there is a rattle (sometimes almost a metallic grinding noise) that occurs on acceleration and de-acceleration which I think comes out of the transmission.

When the clutch is pushed in the noise stops completely i.e. when there is no loading on the gear box.

Pushing the gearstick to the left almost stops it - pushing to the right makes it worse. Hence

I believe there is something loose or rattling in the area of the shift forks or the change lever resulting in a rattle which is being transmitted into the cabin through the gear change cables and firewall.

Does this sound plausible and is it a known problem?

The car only has around 10,000 Miles (16000 Km) and this has been progressively getting worse since day one. Honda are still trying to convince me it's normal (after replacing the clutch saying is was clutch rattle).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Glenn

Reply to
google

If its within warranty, what's the difference? Get a new tranny and a better dealer.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

First I have heard of this one, but manual transmission Accords are pretty rare in the US. Have the dealer let you drive other new ones to see if the same noise is being made by those. I suspect that other copies will not make the noise.

John

Reply to
John Horner